Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CaliMom on serious Internet withdrawal

Wed Sep 1, real time:

I suppose I should be grateful for this opportunity to "cut back" (if you have noticed by now...I like quotation marks) on my minor internet addiction. I mean, if I had internet at home, I would be streaming the latest programs on NPR, checking my FB page, IM'ing with friends...doing a little shopping...usual stuff. I was moving Britain, one of the major European nations, not some 3rd world country. They speak English. They are seriously green (both in landscape and in environmental awareness)...they got satellite dishes and cable, WI-FI networks, the works! I would say they are technologically advanced. So why does it take up 2-4 weeks to intall?!?!?! Ok,ok,ok, deep breaths....I'm good now. For now, I will learn to live within my internet means. FB & check email on my iPhone, and make my way to Starbucks for my double fix (lattes and web access). Remember, setting an example for my kids. Yeah, yeah, that's it....for the children...

2 comments:

  1. Miss you! How the heck are you? So glad you have the iPhone :-)
    We got an e-mail from I, but K hasn't had a chance to respond (ok, I've totally restricted computer access because we're overloaded with getting up and running), but she's going to sit down this weekend and write a big post. Miss you all!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG just saw the photos of the kid's school uniforms. From now on, if any of my kids complain about ANYTHING I am going to threaten to send them to school in those. SOOOO BRITISH!! Hope you are doing well. I think of you often and miss you lots. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete